About Leadership Jenks
The goal of Leadership Jenks is to identify, motivate and educate emerging leaders in our community. Leadership Jenks is a joint community leadership-building program organized and co-sponsored by the Jenks Chamber of Commerce, Jenks Chamber of Commerce Community Foundation and the City of Jenks.
Leadership Jenks aims to promote and enhance community leadership through an in-depth introduction to social, economic, business and policy issues in Jenks. Leadership Jenks provides a rich networking environment and access to community, county and state leaders.
- Member Price – $350
- Nonmember Price – $450
Tuition is due by Friday, September 29.
A limited number of partial scholarships are available for the program. Eligible applicants include small businesses (under five employees).
In order to participate, interested persons must fill out an application form.
Participants are required to:
- Be a resident of the Jenks community or employed by an area business
- Miss no more than one session of Leadership Jenks
The application is open on a first come, first served basis. After acceptance, all correspondence and reminders will be sent via email from the Jenks Chamber of Commerce.
- Learn about meaningful ways to make a difference by giving back to the Jenks community through volunteer activities.
- Become part of a rich learning community constituted of leaders with unique backgrounds and perspectives.
- Develop a deeper understanding of issues facing the Jenks community.
- History of Jenks, Economic Development and Community Growth
- County and State Government
- Public Safety (Police and Fire)
- Oklahoma Aquarium
- City Government and Services
- Leadership Jenks Graduation
Session Dates and Locations
- Tuesday, Oct. 17, Jenks Chamber of Commerce
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, Jenks Public Schools
- Tuesday, Dec. 12, Oklahoma Aquarium
- Tuesday, Jan. 9, Jenks Chamber of Commerce
- Tuesday, Feb. 13, Jenks Police Department and Jenks Fire Department
- Tuesday, March 12, Jenks Chamber of Commerce
- Tuesday, April 9, Jenks City Hall
- Tuesday, May 14 (graduation at monthly luncheon)
Lunch will be served at noon, and sessions will run through 1:30 p.m.
- Dr. Stacey Butterfield, Jenks Public Schools Superintendent
- Representative Lonnie Sims, Oklahoma House District 68
- Cory Box, Jenks Mayor
- Mark Tedford, owner of Tedford Insurance and Past Chamber Board Chair
- Heather Turner, owner of Anthem Road Academy and President of Jenks Chamber
- Chris Smith, BancFirst Jenks President
- Greg Helms, owner of GS Helms & Associates Architect and former Jenks Chamber of Commerce Board Chair