About Leadership Jenks
• The goal of the Leadership Jenks program is to identify and motivate emerging leaders in order to increase the leadership base within the Jenks community.
• Leadership Jenks is a joint community leadership building program organized and co-sponsored by the Jenks Chamber of Commerce and the City of Jenks.
• All expenses associated with the program are sponsored by the local business community, the Jenks Chamber of Commerce, and the City of Jenks.
• Leadership Jenks is a NO COST program for all participants.
• Participant Application and Agreement is required prior to the nomination process.
• Participants are required to be a resident of Jenks or own or be employed for at least one (1) year in a business that is located in Jenks.
• No more than two (2) sessions may be missed for the participant to successfully complete the program and receive a graduation plaque.
• As a requirement of graduation, participants must serve as a board intern for a non-profit organization or through an individual community service project in the Jenks/Tulsa area while enrolled in Leadership Jenks. As a board intern, the non-profit organization will waive all fees and the participant will serve in a non-voting capacity.
Participant Selection Process
• Applications will be reviewed by the Leadership Jenks Steering Committee for selection.
• After selection is complete, applicants will be notified that they have been accepted.
• Recommended starting class size is 20-25 participants. It is the goal of the Steering Committee to create a group of individuals who live in different areas of the community, diverse age group, and also represent the business community of Jenks.
• After acceptance to the program, all correspondence and reminders will be by email from the Jenks Chamber of Commerce.