VOLUNTEER POSITION After-School Homework Club Education Activity Center Assistant
Apply online: http://guides.tulsalibrary.org/homeworkclub (under Volunteer Opportunities)
- Brookside Library, 1207 E 45th Place, Tulsa• (918) 549-7507
- Collinsville Library, 1223 W Main, Collinsville• (918) 549-7528
- Jenks Library, 523 W B ST, Jenks • (918) 549-7570
- Owasso Regional Library, 103 W Broadway, Tulsa • (918) 549-7624
- Rudisill Regional Library, 1520 N Hartford, Tulsa • (918) 549-7645
- Suburban Acres Library, 4606 N Garrison, Tulsa• (918) 549-7655
RESPONSIBLE TO: Education Activity Center Facilitator
CONTACT Brenda Radke, After-School Homework Club Program Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org or (918)549-7667
DUTIES and KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to the Education Activity Center Facilitator by organizing, keeping track of and handing out materials for the STEAM activity.
- Assist children individually or in small groups, providing clarity, direction and understanding of the day’s activities
- Assists in the orientation of students by communicating expectations and welcoming them into the library.
- Collaborates with the After-School Homework Club Program Manager to maintain and submit all required documentation in a timely manner
TIME INVOLVED September through May; After-school Activity Centers are open
Mondays through Thursdays from 3:15pm until 5:15p.m.
TRAINING Library orientation and training is provided
QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED, and RESTRICTIONS
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Pass background check
- Knowledge of basic school subjects, including English, reading, writing, science and mathematics
- Communicates effectively and courteously with people of diverse ages and learning abilities
- Demonstrates patience, flexibility and dependability
- Serves as a positive role model
Work requires light physical effort in the handling of moderately light materials up to 25 pounds. Job may require sitting and standing for long periods of time with occasional stooping and bending. Volunteer must be able to retrieve and replace items from floor level to up to 5½ feet in height.
GOAL: Children of Tulsa County will grow up able to compete globally.