About Leadership Jenks
The goal of Leadership Jenks is to identify, motivate and educate emerging leaders in our community. Leadership Jenks is a joint community leadership-building program organized and co-sponsored by the Jenks Chamber of Commerce, Jenks Chamber of Commerce Community Foundation and the City of Jenks.
Leadership Jenks aims to promote and enhance community leadership through an in-depth introduction to social, economic, business and policy issues in Jenks. Leadership Jenks provides a rich networking environment and access to community, county and state leaders.
- Member Price – $250
- Nonmember Price – $350
Tuition is due by Friday, September 17.
A limited number of scholarships are available for the program, valued up to the full value of the program. Eligible applicants include small businesses (under five employees).
In order to participate, interested persons must fill out an application form and the agreement form.
Participants are required to:
- Be a resident of the Jenks community or employed by an area business
- Miss no more than one session of Leadership Jenks
Applications will be reviewed by the Leadership Jenks Steering Committee and, once selection is complete, applicants will be notified as to their status. The committee’s goal is to select a diverse group of individuals representing different areas of the community and business community. After acceptance, all correspondence and reminders will be sent via email from the Jenks Chamber of Commerce.
- Learn about meaningful ways to make a difference by giving back to the Jenks community through volunteer activities.
- Become part of a rich learning community constituted of leaders with unique backgrounds and perspectives.
- Develop a deeper understanding of issues facing the Jenks community.
- History of Jenks
- Jenks Public Schools, Tulsa Tech, TCC
- County and State Government
- Public Safety (Police and Fire)
- Oklahoma Aquarium
- City Government and Services
- Economic Development and Community Growth
- Leadership Jenks Graduation
- Bus Tour
- Tuesday, Oct. 12
- Tuesday, Nov. 9
- Tuesday, Dec. 14
- Tuesday, Jan. 11
- Tuesday, Feb. 8
- Tuesday, March 8
- Tuesday, April 12
Dinner will be served at 6 p.m., with the session following at 6:30 p.m. Session locations will be sent prior to each session.
- Dr. Stacey Butterfield, Jenks Public Schools Superintendent
- Representative Lonnie Sims, Oklahoma House District 68
- Cory Box, Jenks Mayor
- Mark Tedford, owner of Tedford Insurance and Past Chamber Board Chair
- Heather Turner, owner of Anthem Road Academy and Chamber Board Chair
- Chris Smith, BancFirst Jenks President
- Greg Helms, owner of GS Helms & Associates Architect and former Jenks Chamber of Commerce Board Chair