Please note: the Chamber has postponed the Leadership Program to a later date next year.
About Leadership Jenks
The goal of Leadership Jenks is to identify, motivate and educate emerging leaders in our community. Leadership Jenks is a joint community leadership-building program organized and co-sponsored by the Jenks Chamber of Commerce, Jenks Chamber of Commerce Community Foundation and the City of Jenks.
Leadership Jenks aims to promote and enhance community leadership through an in-depth introduction to social, economic, business and policy issues in Jenks. Leadership Jenks provide a rich networking environment and access to community, county and state leaders.
- Member Price – $250
- Nonmember Price – $350
Tuition is due by Friday, September 18.
A limited number of scholarships are available for the program, valued up to the full value of the program. Eligible applicants include small businesses (under five employees) and non-profits (501(c)(3) status only).
In order to participate, interested persons must fill out an application form and the agreement form.
Participants are required to:
- Be a resident of the Jenks community or employed by an area business
- Miss no more than one session of Leadership Jenks
- Participate in class project
Process Applications will be reviewed by the Leadership Jenks Steering Committee and, once selection is complete, applicants will be notified as to their status. The committee’s goal is to select a diverse group of individuals representing different areas of the community and business community. After acceptance, all correspondence and reminders will be sent via email from the Jenks Chamber of Commerce.
Time will be allotted during meals to discuss ideas for a class project involving volunteerism outside of the scheduled program agenda. Participation in the project is required to graduate Leadership Jenks. A class project must involve the whole class and benefit the community of Jenks. Class project proposals must be submitted by Feb. 1 for the Chamber to review and approve.
- Learn about meaningful ways to make a difference by giving back to the Jenks community through volunteer activities.
- Become part of a rich learning community constituted of leaders with unique backgrounds and perspectives.
- Develop a deeper understanding of issues facing the Jenks community.
- Access to Facebook group with classmates and alumni to ask questions and build community.
Session Dates, Topics and Times
- History of Jenks – Tuesday, Oct. 13
- Jenks Public Schools, Tulsa Tech, TCC – Tuesday, Nov. 10
- County and State Government – Tuesday, Dec. 8
- Public Safety (Police and Fire) –Tuesday, Jan. 12
- Oklahoma Aquarium –Tuesday, Feb. 9
- City Government and Services – Tuesday, March 9
- Economic Development and Community Growth –Tuesday, April 13
- Leadership Jenks Alumni Lunch and Graduation TBA
- Bus Tour TBA
- Class project date TBD by class
All sessions begin at 6 p.m. Session locations will be sent prior to each session.
- Dr. Stacey Butterfield, Jenks Public Schools Superintendent
- Representative Lonnie Sims, Oklahoma House District 68
- Mark Tedford, owner of Tedford Insurance and Past Chamber Board Chair
- Heather Turner, owner of Anthem Road Academy and Chamber Board Chair
- Chris Smith, BancFirst Jenks President
- Greg Helms, owner of GS Helms & Associates Architect and former Jenks Chamber of Commerce Board Chair